Adult Carer Support Plan
As an adult carer you have the choice to complete an Adult Carer Support Plan. The support plan gives you the opportunity to identify the following:
- Your thoughts and feelings about caring
- Your relationship with the cared for person
- Your social and leisure activities
- Your physical and mental health
- Your education and work life goals
- What would make things easier for you to carry out your caring role
What would help in the future if you were no longer able or willing to care.
For further information on Adult Carer Support Plans please contact your local Health and Social Care Partnership office or North Ayrshire Carers Centre.
North Ayrshire Carers Centre
The centre offers support with the following:
Information on any carers issues e.g. benefits, respite and transport
Advice on carers rights
Contact with other carers
Help with form-filling
Advocacy representing carers
Relaxation in the form of alternative therapies, at locations throughout North Ayrshire. There is a charge for this service.
Support groups at various locations throughout North Ayrshire
Information on adult carers assessment