Irvine locality facts
- Overall younger age profile than the rest of North Ayrshire
- Higher number of people of working age
- Generally good access to services
- Improving educational performance of local young people
- High levels of health deprivation
High levels of unemployment within the Irvine locality contribute to local people experiencing a wide range of health issues.
Irvine Locality Planning Forum has identified the following priorities:
- Address issues of social isolation across all ages
- Improve low level mental health and wellbeing particularly among young people
- Improve access to local physiotherapy for those with musculoskeletal concerns
What Matters to You? 2017
On June 6 2017, we asked approx 2500 local people, ‘What matters to you about health and social care in North Ayrshire?’ We used this feedback to inform health and social care plans for local services.