This is a referral service. Referrals can be made by:
We work with young people aged 12 to 21 years old who display problematic behaviour, including offending or sexually harmful behaviours. We aim to promote social inclusion where young people:
- Reflect on how their actions affect others
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Make positive choices for the future
Our priorities are to:
- Implement a whole systems approach including GIRFEC
- Intervene at an early stage
- Address causes of offending behaviour
- Reduce the number of under 18s referred to courts
- Reduce the number of under 21s given custody
- Support and encourage diversionary activities to reduce offending
- Prevent reoffending
We work with other agencies, organisations and stakeholders such as Education colleagues, Justice colleagues, Police Scotland, Procurator Fiscal, Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration and The Children’s Panel.
We work in partnership with the justice system. We liaise with court staff, inform and monitor court proceedings, and ensure non-custodial options are available that can reduce re-offending and address underlying causes of offending.
- Court reports and accredited risk assessments for all under 21s who appear at court
- Court notes and support to all under 16s who appear at court, and under 18s (if required)
- Individual offence focussed interventions
- Multi agency initiatives targeting young people at risk of offending behaviours
- Re-integration for young people returning to their community from custody
- Employability support
- Sessional mentoring service
We target areas of youth offending that is problematic. Prevention measures include, individual and family support services plus individual offence focused programmes.