Throughcare provides support for young people (15-21 years of age) who are moving on from being looked after to live independently.
We offer practical and emotional support and we can help with:
- Finding college courses, training placements or work opportunities
- Getting benefits, care leaver payments, college bursaries or grants
- Finding and keeping accommodation
- Getting support from health services e.g. dentists and nurses
- Your rights and legal issues
- Staying in contact with family and friends
- Hobbies and interests
- Any worries or problems
The Pathways Plan identifies the support a young person needs to live independently. It includes things like where to live, education or training, health and lifestyle, family and friends, jobs and money.
Who Cares? Scotland is a national voluntary organisation, working with care experienced young people and care leavers across Scotland.