By working together with you we can improve health and wellbeing in North Ayrshire.
We hope this will help to lessen the demand on local services.
We hope that by working together with you we can help build communities that are vibrant, resourceful and are places where people feel supported by family, neighbours and local services.
Digital Resource for Carers:
Having the right information at the right time can make a huge difference to carers and the person they care for. The Digital Resource is designed to bring you the advice and information you need, simply and accurately. It brings together a number of digital products and online resources, to help us to provide comprehensive information and support for carers 24/7.
- Find targeted information
- Build networks of support
- Develop personal resilience
- Manage care more effectively
Create an account using your free access code: DGTL4110
Unity North Ayrshire Carers Centre:
174 High Street, Irvine, KA12 8AN – 01294 311333
The support we offer:
- Facilitating groups with a social, therapeutic or learning aim
- Emotional/listening support
- Advocating on Carers behalf
- 1 x 1 support and advice
- Awareness raising via workshops, outreach and circulation of information
- Alternative therapies
- Benefit checks/income maximisation
- Form filling
- Referral/signposting to other services e.g. OT, Community Connecters, North Ayrshire HSCP (for Adult Carers Support Plan and Young Carers Statement)
- Access to grants and funding
- Social activities
- Support carers to access short breaks
- Outreach support across Irvine and outlying areas including Millport and Arran.
- Additional work outside of office hours for appointments as necessary.
- Evening groups for adult and young carers.
- Seasonal activities for adult and young carers.
Carena: My Life, My Care, My Support
Connecting people who use care and support services in North Ayrshire, with service providers. Browse, search or ask a question to find the community group, service and provider of your choice.
Providing opportunities for older people to learn basic digital skills to help them use the internet in group or one-to-one sessions. We aim to remove as many barriers to learning as possible and can provide hotspot wifi access and tablets for people who would like to ‘try before they buy’.
For more information, please contact CLASP Digital Coordinator.
Helping Older People Evolve (HOPE) Project
Reducing isolation and loneliness with a range of services and activities for older people, including, one to one befriending, telephone befriending, social activities, social outings, weekly lunch clubs, morning/evening call service, health and fitness classes, learning and interest classes.
For more information please contact, Cathy McGregor, HOPE Coordinator, 10 Alexander Place, Stevenson KA20 3AE (01294 email@example.com)